A firmware update released by HP® last month stopped non-HP cartridges from working in a number of their OfficeJet®, OfficeJet Pro® and OfficeJet Pro X® printers. So many customers were unhappy with the unexpected update that HP responded, announcing that they would be releasing a new firmware update to remedy the issue. The new update finally arrived on October 12th and LD Products can confirm that it does, once again, let you use non-HP cartridges in a previously affected printer. The update is only available on HP’s website and must be downloaded and installed by the user in order to work. If your printer was affected and you want to continue using non-HP cartridges, visit the HP Customer Support page to find and download the corresponding update.
LD Products successfully ran the new update on an affected HP OfficeJet Pro 6830. If you’ve downloaded the appropriate update for your printer, follow these steps to properly install it on your machine:
- Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected. If the following error shows up on the printer’s display, press “OK” to close it.
- Run the downloaded firmware file. It will search for the printer and list it by its serial number.
- Select the checkbox next to the printer and click “Update”. This will start the update process…
- The printer’s screen will show the update in progress…
- The printer will restart once the update is finished and confirm that the installation is complete.
- A notice will display stating that the installed cartridge is a non-HP cartridge. This is normal and you can bypass this message by pressing “OK”.
- The ink levels will properly display on your printer and you should be able to print properly.
If you have any questions about the new firmware update or the installation process, please give us a call! Our friendly customer service team is available 7 days a week and we are happy to help!
Affected HP cartridges:
Remanufactured Replacement for HP 934XL High Yield Black Ink
Remanufactured Replacement for HP 935XL High Yield Cyan Ink
Remanufactured Replacement for HP 935XL High Yield Magenta Ink
Remanufactured Replacement for HP 935XL High Yield Yellow Ink
Remanufactured Replacement for HP 950XL High Yield Black Ink
Remanufactured Replacement for HP 951XL High Yield Cyan Ink
Remanufactured Replacement for HP 951XL High Yield Magenta Ink
Remanufactured Replacement for HP 950XL High Yield Yellow Ink
Affected HP Printers for the HP 934/935 Cartridge Series:
HP OfficeJet 6812, HP OfficeJet 6815, HP OfficeJet Pro 6230, HP OfficeJet Pro 6830, HP OfficeJet Pro 6835
Affected HP Printers for the HP 950/951 Cartridge Series:
HP OfficeJet Pro 251dw, HP OfficeJet Pro 276dw MFP, HP OfficeJet Pro 8100, HP OfficeJet Pro 8600, HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus, HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium, HP OfficeJet Pro 8610, HP OfficeJet Pro 8615, HP OfficeJet Pro 8620, HP OfficeJet Pro 8625, HP OfficeJet Pro 8630
HP, OfficeJet, and the HP logo are registered trademarks of Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P., and is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, LD Products.