What printers use the TN760?
This TN760 replacement cartridge will work with the following Brother monochrome laser printers:
Brother DCP-L2550DW - Brother HL-L2350DW - Brother HL-L2370DW - Brother HL-L2370DW XL - Brother HL-L2390DW - Brother HL-L2395DW - Brother MFC-L2710DW - Brother MFC-L2750DW - Brother MFC-L2750DW XL printers.
Installs and fits just like the OEM Brother TN760!
Does this compatible TN760 cartridge come with a chip?
YES. This cartridge is built with all brand new parts including a brand new chip to make sure it works with your Brother MFC, HL, and DCP laser printers.
Save more with our Brother toner savings guide
Will this aftermarket toner cartridge void my printers warranty?
No, this compatible TN760 will NOT void your Brother printer's warranty.
What is the difference between the TN730 and TN760?
The TN730 is the standard yield version of the TN760 toner cartridge which means the TN730 contains less toner powder and prints less pages compared to the TN760. The TN760 is a high yield toner cartridge which means it contains more toner powder and can print more pages. Both toner cartridges have the same physical dimensions so they fit and install in your Brother printer the same way.
How do I get more toner out of my Brother replacement cartridge?
One way is to remove the toner cartridge from your printer and give it a shake. This will give you about 20-30 more pages. Another way is to place tape over the hole on the left side of your toner cartridge to trick your printer that there is still toner in the cartridge. ut be wary of toner cartridges that are totally empty. Running on totally empty cartridges can cause your cartridge to overheat resulting in irreversible and expensive damages.
How do I change the TN760 on my Brother printer?
1. When the Toner light on the left side of the top of the printer starts blinking, this means your toner needs to be replaced soon. If the light simply stays on without blinking, this means your toner is empty and need to be replaced immediately.
2. Gently pull the front panel of the printer forward to expose the drum and toner of your printer.
3. The toner is inside the drum unit so you need to take out the entire drum unit to replace the toner cartridge. Pull the handle of the drum unit and pull the unit out.
4. Place the drum unit on a piece of paper on the table. The paper is to catch any toner powder that may leak out.
IMPORTANT: Do not throw out the drum unit and toner cartridge when the toner runs empty. Keep the drum unit. You only need to replace the toner cartridge inside the drum unit. You will install the new toner cartridge into the same drum unit.
5. Press the small green tab or lever to the left of the drum unit to release and remove the toner cartridge. The toner cartridge should pop right out.
6. Remove packaging of new toner cartridge replacement. Before you remove any tabs from the toner, make sure you're situated over a trash bin. Some toner powder can escape from the cartridge.
7. Over the trash bin, remove the orange clip from the toner cartridge. You will be unable to fit the cartridge into the drum unit if this clip is still on.
8. Give the toner cartridge a little shake to evenly redistribute the powder inside the cartridge.
9. Slide the toner cartridge into the drum unit. Push down until it clicks into place.
10. Slide the drum unit with the toner cartridge back inside the printer.
11. Close the front panel.
12. Wait for your printer to recognize the new cartridge.
13. You are now ready to print!
Instructions are the same when you installing aftermarket TN760 cartridge replacements!
Brother Toner Tips
What is the difference between a toner cartridge and a drum unit?
Your Brother printer uses a toner cartridge and drum unit to print. A toner cartridge is the container that holds the toner powder. The drum unit is the electrically charged cylinder that transfers that toner powder to paper to create text and images. Toner cartridges and the drum unit are sold separately for this machine. The toner cartridge usually needs to be replaced first, while the drum unit generally should be replaced after the use of 3 or 4 toner cartridges. The toner clicks into the drum and the two consumables install into the printer together as one piece.
Learn more about the difference between a toner cartridge and a drum unit
in this helpful blog article! For more on how to install a Brother TN730 toner cartridge and drum unit
check out our other informative guide.